Thursday, May 13, 2010

The house that built me


I am VERY aware every day that I am forming a person into what she will become one day. It is such a huge responsibility and at the same time...the most amazing joy that I have ever had. Someone asked me, "Do you every feel like you've created a monster because you love Charlie so much?" I honestly don't. I thoroughly enjoy spending time with her, teaching her and loving her. I don't want to make her into the person I think she should be, I want to give her the tools, knowledge and drive to realize that she can be whatever she wants to be. I want to teach her to rely on God and to believe in her dreams. I DO hold her a lot, play with her a lot, talk to her a lot...so naturally she expects me to do those things constantly. But why would I have a kid unless I plan on spending time with her? hm? I wonder about parents who have children and then just feel like they are some sort of trophy to dress up and show off on special occasions. Anywho!! I love being a mommy. It's what I was born to do :) James has finally started classes at Fort Sam Houston! 16 weeks from now, he will be a medic in the Army National Guard. I couldn't be a more proud wife! I look back on my life at some of the guys I dated and thank God that I didn't make a mistake and marry the wrong man. I made many mistakes, but not that one :) He is our hero and we miss him VERY much.

1 comment:

  1. Cute Cute Cute! You are a GREAT mommy. People will always have something to say, for whatever reasons. :/. No Monster, just a very special baby! Really someone said "monster?" wow!

    ReplyDelete